South Korea is to carry out the statistical survey on chemicals for 2020 to investigate the types of chemical substances that are handled in South Korea in 2020, as well as the manufacturing, storage, usage, import and export status of chemical substances in 2020.
The statistical survey is required under Chemical Control Act (CCA). South Korea will carry out the survey in every two years to help reduce the chemical accidents and establish safety management systems. The survey was carried out for the first time in 2015.
Enterprises will be investigated in one of the following circumstances:
- Enterprises that are licensed to set up or report emission facilities under Article 23 (1) of Clean Air Protection Act or Article 33(1) of Water Environment Protection Act;
- Enterprises that involves in the manufacturing, storage, usage, import and export of chemicals;
- Enterprises with the annual handling volume exceeding the following standard:
- Hazardous chemicals: 100kg per year;
- General chemicals: 1000kg per year;
Note: Enterprises in the C/D/E industry will be investigated regardless of the volume of chemicals they handled.
The submission deadline for the schedule of survey is as follows:
- 30 June 2021: Enterprises in the C/D/E industry that own discharge facilities for Category I, II, III and IV air pollutants or waste water disposal facilities;
- 31 July 2021: Enterprises in the C/D/E industry that involve in the businesses other than the above ones;
31 August 2021: Other businesses
[D] Power, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
[E] Water, sewage and waste treatment and regeneration