“Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals” which is also know as KKDIK Regulation has been amended on 29 November 2019. The amendments are briefly as follows;
- Additional definitions were added for Article 4 of KKDIK.
- A new entry was added to ANNEX-17 Restricted substance list.
- Annex-XI was added to Annex-17 sub-annexes.
Issues to be considered for the parties concerned;
Additional definitions were added for Article 4 of KKDIK: The following sub-clauses have been added to the sub clause (bb) of the first paragraph of Article 4 of KKDIK Regulation. Added sub-clauses are;
- Industrial Usage: The use of a substance or mixture in industry,
- Professional Usage: The use of a substance or mixture outside the industry such as education, health,
A new entry was added to ANNEX-17 Restricted substance list: The new 67. Entry was added to Annex- 17. With this entry;
- Cyanide compounds cannot be placed on the market as a substance for public sale. It may not be sold to the public on the internet or any other electronic media.
- The packaging of cyanide compounds shall contain the expression “Use only for professional and industrial usage” as clearly, legible and indelible manner. (The provision regarding the packaging comes into force 1 month after the publication date of the Regulation.)
- Downstream users and distributors are obliged to submit the End User Declaration to the manufacturer or importer of the concerned compounds.
- The importer or manufacturer of cyanide compounds is obliged to forward the declarations to the Ministry by the end of March, June, September and December of each year.
Annex-XI was added to Annex-17 sub-annexes:
Annex 17 / Annex-XI was added to the same Regulation’s following Annex-17/ Annex-X. Annex-XI includes the “End User Declaration” format.