GB 15258-2009: General Rules for Preparation of Precautionary Label for Chemicals
General Rules for Preparation of Precautionary Label for Chemicals
Issued Date: 21 June 2009 Implementation Date: 1 May 2010
General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China and Standardization Administration of the People's Republic of China
Copyright and Disclaimer:
The English translation below is from Internet and is for reference only. CIRS does not take any responsiblities for the use of information below.
This Standard specifies the relevant definitions, content, preparation requirements and application methods of precautionary labels for chemicals.
This Standard applies to the compiling, preparation and application of precautionary labels for chemicals.
Where the precautionary label of a product is specified by a special standard, i.e. for pesticides, gas cylinders, etc., these shall be conducted in accordance with said special standard.
2. Normative References
The provisions of the following documents become provisions of this Standard after being referenced. For dated reference documents, all later amendments (excluding corrigenda) and versions do not apply to this Standard; however, the parties to the agreement are encouraged to study whether the latest versions of these documents are applicable. For undated reference documents, the latest versions apply to this Standard.
The full standard GB 15258-2009 can be downloaded here.
- Free regulatory advice;
- New! Free chemical inventory search service;
- IECSC 2010;
- Catalog of Hazardous Chemicals;
- Catalog of Highly Toxic Chemicals;
- Prohibited Chemicals(2005);
- List of Toxic Chemicals Restricted to Be Imported/Exported;
- Chinese SDS and chemical safety label;
- Safety evaluation report;
- Application of operating license;
- Registration of hazardous chemicals;
- Advice on the transportation of dangerous goods.
Initially set up by China Inspection and Quarantine(CIQ) Bureau in 2007 to provide REACH compliance services to Chinese chemical industry, CIRS has grown to be a leading provider of comprehensive chemical compliance services for companies doing businesses in/with China.
Our services cover new substance notification, registration of the import and export of toxic chemicals, registration of hazardous chemicals, classification and labeling in according to China GHS, Chinese SDS, risk assessment of industrial chemicals, food addtives and cosmetic ingredients. We provide one-stop solutions to your regulatory issues in China.We also deliver the most up-to-date regulatory information about chemical control laws in China.
- Ms. Louise Halpin, CIRS Europe
Singleton House, Laurence Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland
Tel : +353 41 9806 916 | Fax : +353 41 9806 999
- Mr. Eric Xiong, China Office
11F Building 1, Dongguan Hi-Tech Park, 1288 Chunbo Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China
Tel: +86-571 8720 6555 | Fax: +86-571 8720 6533
- Regulations on Safe Management of Hazardous Chemicals in China(2011)
- General rules for classification and hazard communication of chemicals(GB 13690-2009)
- General rules for preparation of precautionary label for chemicals(GB 15258-2009)
- Safety data sheet for chemical products: Content and order of sections ( GB/T 16483 -2008)